Summer season is on the horizon, and Coronavirus restrictions are easing, so let’s begin getting again to regular & hit the solar loungers as soon as extra! Lots of our favorite European locations have totally reopened for holidaymakers and are excited to welcome UK travellers again! Query is: what are the present guidelines when travelling and the way do you stand in terms of journey insurance coverage?
Vaccinations, masks & testing
With so many COVID journey restrictions being relaxed and eliminated, right here’s a fast run-through of what you’ll want to know when visiting a number of the hottest European locations for UK travellers. After all, issues are at all times altering, so we urge you to double examine with the UK International workplace for the most recent data.
- Most European international locations are asking for proof of vaccination standing or a damaging take a look at outcome and masks in medical settings (hospitals, pharmacies and clinics, and many others.) and on public transport.
- Unvaccinated folks might want to show their damaging COVID standing (most locations are asking for PCR exams, though some settle for speedy antigen exams), however in the event you’ve had all of your vaccines then there’s no must take a look at or self isolate.
Greece & the Greek Islands
- Greece & the Greek Islands don’t require proof of vaccination standing or a COVID take a look at earlier than travelling, however you will want a masks in some areas and on public transport.
Spain, the Canary Islands, the Balearics, Turkey & Portugal
- These locations all require proof of your vaccination standing or a damaging PCR take a look at for unvaccinated travellers, and masks in hospitals, pharmacies and on public transport. Most airways are additionally asking passengers to put on masks if they will while on board, so be certain that to pack just a few!
- France requires proof of vaccination standing or a damaging PCR take a look at, however is slightly stricter with their masks mandate and can nice you for not sporting one when required until you might be exempt, so watch out to not get caught out!
Issues are opening up once more and journey is inspired – simply keep in mind to pack the sunscreen!
COVID journey recommendation is topic to vary; please at all times examine with the UK International Workplace for additional international journey recommendation and the most recent up-to-date data. Covid guidelines fluctuate by vacation spot, in case your vacation spot just isn’t listed above, examine UK International Workplace for particulars, or the helpful journey restrictions map from KAYAK.
COVID Cowl with NOW Journey
Whereas we’re all attempting to get again to the pre-pandemic lifestyle, it’s exhausting to neglect COVID fully. In the event you’ve bought a visit booked and surprise what your journey insurance coverage covers then look no additional…
- You’ll be happy to know that cancellation on account of COVID is accessible with NOW’s Important, Basic and Premier cowl.
- NOW’s journey insurance policies additionally embrace emergency medical cowl on account of COVID whilst you’re away, along with lodge/ flight preparations if you’ll want to prolong your keep and isolate.
- NOW’s Important, Basic and Premier insurance policies all embrace cowl in the event you fall unwell with COVID whereas away and want to chop your journey quick and return to the UK.
- Below NOW’s Premier coverage you’ll even be lined in case your airline or journey supplier goes into administration because of the pandemic.
In the event you require emergency help while away, our pleasant group is accessible that will help you, 24/7, on +44 (0) 203 819 7170
Coronavirus cowl is topic to enough vaccination standing or proof of medical exemption. Examine your insurance coverage particulars and our Coronavirus cowl web page for additional data on what your coverage covers.
Journey Recommendation Disclaimer:
COVID journey recommendation contained inside this text is offered by the UK International Workplace and is appropriate at time of publishing. COVID journey recommendation is topic to vary; please at all times examine with the UK International Workplace for the most recent up-to-date data.