As a nonprofit chief, you’re centered on one objective: fulfilling your mission. To do that, you’re employed to lift funds and consciousness on your trigger. Auctions are extremely profitable fundraisers for nonprofit initiatives, however how will you use them to attract consideration to your nonprofit’s mission?
Your nonprofit’s model components characterize every part your group stands for, so promoting them is important to realize recognition and assist within the communities you serve. You may simply incorporate this branding into your upcoming public sale to remind attendees of the occasion’s function. Let’s discover 5 methods your group can pair the facility of auctions and nonprofit branding to extend assist for its mission.
1. Occasion touchdown web page
Model publicity ought to begin on the earliest attainable stage in your occasion planning course of: public sale promotion. You may unfold the phrase about your upcoming occasion by leveraging the visibility of your nonprofit’s web site—and promote your model whilst you’re at it.
To streamline the method, put money into public sale software program that facilitates occasion touchdown web page creation. Then, use the web page to attach your model to the occasion by together with:
- Your brand: That is arguably essentially the most recognizable factor of your nonprofit’s model. Make your brand seen in not less than one location on the web page (not together with your web site’s navigation bar) to immediately join the public sale together with your nonprofit.
- Your mission assertion: Emphasize your group’s mission to clarify the aim of the occasion. In a few sentences, share how the occasion will assist your mission, giving particular particulars concerning the initiatives or actions the occasion will fund.
- Related statistics: Numbers are a concrete option to show the urgent want on your nonprofit’s work. Share related statistics about your beneficiaries, previous fundraisers, and different data to encourage website guests to become involved.
When you’ve accomplished the web page, leverage the Google Advert Grant to make sure your web page exhibits up first on Google for related key phrases. For instance, an animal shelter would possibly goal the key phrase “assist stray kittens” with its Google Adverts in order that an web consumer finds the public sale web page and is inspired to register for the occasion.
2. QR Codes
A very powerful bridge to construct at your nonprofit’s public sale is between the one-time occasion and the eternal want for donor assist. You’ll must shift attendees’ focus from occasion participation to long-term nonprofit involvement by directing them to your nonprofit’s different sources.
QR codes can provoke this shift by encouraging bidders to discover your nonprofit. First, you’ll want to include them into your occasion. ClickBid’s information to silent public sale planning recommends making ready QR codes for every public sale merchandise. To study extra about an merchandise, bidders will use their telephones to scan the code, which directs them to your public sale merchandise catalog.
By encouraging public sale attendees to discover merchandise data on their telephones, you’ll create a possibility for them to additionally discover extra details about your group. They will navigate to your nonprofit’s web site, particulars concerning the occasion, or some other branded channels that encourage their long-term involvement.
3. Applications and brochures
In the event you’ve exhausted all of your digital advertising and marketing choices, think about using old-school methods by printing occasion packages and brochures with details about your nonprofit. These supplies may be handed out on the entrance to the occasion, positioned on seats within the venue, or provided in some other handy location the place most individuals are prone to decide one up.
Use these studying supplies to briefly share your:
- Imaginative and prescient: Describe the long-term change you hope to see because of your nonprofit’s work. What’s your imaginative and prescient for the communities you serve? How can donors aid you get there? Listing your official, one-sentence imaginative and prescient assertion and increase upon it.
- Applications: What actionable steps is your nonprofit taking to show its imaginative and prescient into actuality? Listing your varied initiatives and packages, highlighting particular areas the place supporters can become involved.
- Impression: Emphasize what your nonprofit has completed thus far with statistics, compelling visuals, and quotes from beneficiaries.
Except for immediately addressing your nonprofit’s work, these packages and brochures can show your model components like your brand, shade palette, typography, and tone. In keeping with Kwala’s information to nonprofit branding, model components similar to these are vital for unifying your promotional supplies. Consistency between your public sale pamphlet and different communications will assist set up model credibility and make your nonprofit extra recognizable.
4. Branded gadgets
Throughout the occasion planning course of, you’ll want to organize quite a few supplies for use on the public sale. The excellent news is that these supplies can show your nonprofit’s branding, drawing additional consideration to your group regardless of the joy of attractive public sale gadgets and aggressive bidding.
Some concepts for branded gadgets that can be utilized at your public sale embody:
- Pens: Whether or not attendees are signing in to the occasion, writing their bid on a bid sheet, or simply taking a fast notice, pens are a easy option to remind them of your nonprofit. After the occasion, pens simply discover themselves in purses and pockets accidentally, giving your nonprofit’s brand an opportunity to be seen each time the pen is used sooner or later!
- Public sale paddles: At a reside public sale, paddles will likely be utilized by contributors to put bids on their favourite gadgets. This implies an public sale paddle will likely be raised within the air above the group each time somebody desires to put a bid! Use these paddles as miniature billboards to show your nonprofit’s model colours and brand.
- T-shirts: Whether or not they’re worn by your public sale volunteers or bought at a concessions stand, t-shirts are a simple option to promote your model. Plus, if you promote t-shirts together with your nonprofit’s identify and brand to supporters, you’ll generate income and recruit model ambassadors to unfold the phrase about your group.
Relying on the gadgets you select, you’ll have the ability to embody totally different components of your model. For instance, your tagline would possibly look visually interesting on a t-shirt however can be too small to learn on a pen. As an alternative of merely printing your nonprofit’s brand on each materials for the occasion, suppose strategically about the best way to make the merchandise visually interesting.
5. Mission-centric shows
Particularly if you happen to determine to leverage cellular bidding software program on your public sale, you would possibly must safe leisure since occasion attendees gained’t be bodily putting bids or listening to a reside auctioneer. Recruit a presenter to share details about your group. Take into account asking:
- Board members
- Workers members
After listening to a transferring story from a beneficiary or the inspiring imaginative and prescient of a nonprofit board member, your viewers will likely be extra than simply engaged. These impactful messages are on the coronary heart of your nonprofit’s model and have the facility to show public sale attendees into loyal donors who proceed giving past your public sale.
To really maximize the impression of your nonprofit’s branding, create a centralized model package that lists your whole model components and explains how they need to be used. Constant visible components will make your nonprofit’s communications look extra skilled and credible. Plus, they’ll be a focus for anybody who appreciates an awesome visible look!